• 4 videos covering all the basics you need to be ready to drive on your own and give you an understanding of how to maintain your vehicle.
• A comprehensive Workbook designed with checklists to complement the video tutorials and personalise the program to your car make and model. Easy to fill out and pop into the glovebox, with extra information and tips – it’s the essential Car Handbook for Teens!
The Glovebox Kit included contains:
– ‘All the Stuff I Need’ durable zipper bag in light grey (with a cute pink bow)
– $25 Shell fuel voucher (for emergencies)
– Beauty Essential full size Cleansing Wipes (25 wipes)
– Rexona ladies deodorant (50ml)
– U by Kotex black panty liners (10 liners and yes they are black!)
– 2 black emery boards (use as a nail file or any snags)
– 2 Elastoplast plasters
– Black ‘telephone cord’ hair tie (perfect for hair or when you need to tie something together)
– A6 size pocket notebook and pen
– Pink doughnut car freshener
– Mini packet of Jols Fruit Pastilles (perfect for carsick passengers or fresh breath)!
~We curated the bag after speaking to tens of thousands of young female drivers that we have taught over the past 13 years – all the little things to take them from classes, work, studies and parties. It’s their ultimate car glovebox wish list! ~
“Wow, these Galmatic Girls are amazing. Love what they do and what they provide to young girls”
Layne Beachley, AO, 7 times World Surf Champion
Galmatic was founded by 2020 Telstra Business Women’s Awards finalist Eleni Mitakos. After years of teaching and owning vintage cars, Eleni created Galmatic because she saw the need to provide women and young drivers with essential skills, to maintain their cars and make going to the mechanic less confusing and intimidating.
Since 2007 we have taught over 100,000 teenagers how to feel more confident behind the wheel. As parents to teens we know that learning to drive is both exciting and liberating for them. The freedom of grabbing the keys and going for a drive is a major milestone.
However unlike when they took their first steps walking, we will not be there holding their hands when they are driving on their own. Countless nights of staying awake until you hear the car in the driveway lie ahead!
At Galmatic we hope to help you alleviate a few of those fears by teaching teenagers how to care for their car and learn some basic car maintenance skills.
At least we can help you with one less worry – they won’t be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tyre and no idea what to do!
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the journey.
“I bloody love Galmatic. This company teaches young folks how to do basic car maintenance among other things. It’s quite a lost skill.”