The three top 3 things to look for when choosing a Mechanic.
It’s Spring and to celebrate the season of weekend cruising we thought it would be fun to answer some of the most commonly asked questions we get in our workshops.
And without a doubt, the number one question would have to be “How do I choose the right mechanic?”
Download our custom Checklist How To Choose A Mechanic to help you choose the Mechanic and Service Centre that is right for you.
The Galmatic team put together our Top 3 “Things we look for” when choosing a Mechanic.
- Genuine Parts – Does the mechanic/service centre use genuine parts when servicing your vehicle?
- Communication – Do you have open dialogue? Do you know what to expect and do you know what the costs will be upfront?
- Location – are they centrally located near your work or home? Do they have a courtesy bus or are they located near public transport?
When you are thinking about location, take into consideration:
- What time is drop off? Is that time (usually before 9am) closer to work or home?
- If you need to get to work after you drop off the car, does the workshop have a courtesy bus or even better a courtesy car? If not does the public transport system accommodate an easy way to get to work?
- Do you have kids? Can you do school drop off and get the car to the workshop on time? Do you have little kids that need car seats? Would it be easier for you to have a mechanic come to your home?
We service our Galmatic Cars at our local dealership, as a car dealership ticks all the boxes. Choose a dealership that is right for your Make and Model Car. Our Corolla ‘Charlie’ is serviced at Col Crawford.
We also like to use the below services too. Sometimes we want our cars serviced at the office or when we are on location.
If a mobile service ticks your boxes, we recommend the businesses below. Both companies have a great discount for Galmatic friends.
sparesbox are the expert mobile mechanics that come to you.
You get the total coast of your service quoted upfront and your mobile mechanic will come to you! Use the code: ‘Galmatic’ for $50 off a logbook service www.sparesbox.com.au/service
Use the code: Galmatic for a $50 discount 1800 786 637